The process of Nano Brows, also known as microblading, is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that creates hair-like strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows. The pigment used in the procedure is intended to match your natural eyebrow color, and the results can last up to 18 months, depending on your skin type and lifestyle.
However, over time, the pigment can fade, and your eyebrows may return to their original state. This is where a Nano Brows touch-up comes in.
When to Do a Nano Brows Touch-Up:
The timing of a touch-up can vary based on individual factors such as skin type, lifestyle, and aftercare. However, generally, a touch-up is recommended every 6-12 months to maintain the shape and saturation of pigment.
1. Oily Skin: If you have oily skin, the pigment may fade faster, and you might need a touch-up sooner, typically around the 6-month mark.
2. Lifestyle: Factors such as sun exposure and the use of exfoliating skincare products can also affect how long the results last.
3. Aftercare: Proper aftercare can extend the longevity of your Nano Brows. Avoiding direct sunlight, using a good quality sunscreen, and refraining from using exfoliating products on the brow area can help prolong the results.
How to Do a Nano Brows Touch-Up:
A Nano Brows touch-up should be performed by a professional technician who specializes in this technique. The process is similar to the initial procedure and involves the following steps:
1. Consultation: The technician will assess the state of your eyebrows and discuss your desired outcome.
2. Numbing: A topical anesthetic will be applied to minimize discomfort during the procedure.
3. Touch-Up: The technician will use a handheld tool to create hair-like strokes and apply pigment to the brow area.
4. Aftercare: The technician will provide instructions for aftercare to ensure the best possible results.
Remember, the longevity of your Nano Brows largely depends on how well you take care of them post-procedure. Always follow the aftercare instructions provided by your technician to maintain the results for as long as possible.