As a distinguished figure in the realm of clean beauty and skincare, I can provide you with an effective and nourishing soap recipe using olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil. These oils are known for their moisturizing properties and can help keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
Here's a simple recipe for making a cold-process soap using these oils:
- 500g olive oil
- 200g coconut oil
- 100g avocado oil
- 70g sodium hydroxide (lye)
- 150ml water
- Optional: essential oils or natural additives for fragrance and additional benefits (e.g., lavender essential oil, oatmeal, or honey)
1. Ensure you are working in a well-ventilated area and wear protective gloves and goggles.
2. Weigh the water in a heat-resistant container.
3. Carefully add the lye to the water, stirring gently until it dissolves. Be cautious, as this mixture will release fumes and heat up. Set it aside to cool.
4. In a separate heat-resistant container, combine the olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.
5. Heat the oil mixture gently until it reaches around 40-45°C (104-113°F). Remove from heat and let it cool.
6. Once both the lye-water mixture and the oil mixture have cooled to around 40-45°C (104-113°F), slowly pour the lye-water mixture into the oils.
7. Use a stick blender to mix the oils and lye-water together until you reach a light trace. This means the mixture has thickened slightly.
8. At this point, you can add any optional essential oils or natural additives for fragrance or additional benefits. Stir well to incorporate them evenly.
9. Pour the soap mixture into soap molds, tapping the molds gently on a surface to remove any air bubbles.
10. Cover the molds with a towel or plastic wrap to insulate them and keep them warm.
11. Allow the soap to sit undisturbed for 24-48 hours to complete the saponification process.
12. After the soap has hardened, remove it from the molds and cut it into bars.
13. Place the bars on a drying rack or tray, allowing them to cure for 4-6 weeks. During this time, the soap will harden and become milder and longer-lasting.
Remember, when making soap at home, it's essential to follow safety precautions and work with caution. Lye is a caustic substance and should be handled carefully. It's also a good practice to wear protective gear and work in a well-ventilated area.
Enjoy your homemade olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil soap, which will provide nourishment and hydration to your skin while keeping it clean and healthy.