Chapped and dry lips can be a constant annoyance, especially during the colder months. However, instead of relying on store-bought lip balms that may contain harmful chemicals, you can make your own natural lip balm at home.
This blog post will provide you with a simple recipe for beeswax and vitamin E lip balm, as well as tips for application and the guaranteed benefits of using natural ingredients.
Beeswax & Vitamin E Lip Balm Recipe
- a double boiler
- A small mixing bowl
- A small spatula
- Lip balm tubes or containers
- 1 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the sweet almond oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oil (if using).
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers and let cool for 2 hours.
- You can adjust the amount of essential oil you use to achieve your desired scent.
- This lip balm can be stored at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Apply the lip balm to your lips as needed throughout the day.
- For best results, apply the lip balm before bed to allow for maximum absorption.
- Moisturizing: The beeswax and shea butter in this lip balm recipe provide deep hydration, leaving your lips feeling moisturized and soft.
- Protection: The vitamin E oil in this recipe helps to protect your lips from damage caused by free radicals.
- Natural ingredients: By using natural ingredients, you can avoid potentially harmful chemicals found in store-bought lip balms.
- Customizable: This recipe can be customized by using your favorite essential oils to achieve your desired scent.
- Cost-effective: Making your own lip balm at home is cost-effective and can save you money in the long run.
How does beeswax help lips?
Beeswax helps to lock in moisture and create a protective barrier on the lips, preventing them from drying out and becoming chapped.
What is the benefit of vitamin E oil in lip balm?
Vitamin E oil helps to protect the lips from damage caused by free radicals, which can lead to premature aging and fine lines.
Is beeswax good for sensitive skin?
Yes, beeswax is a natural ingredient that is generally safe for sensitive skin. However, it is always best to do a patch test before using any new product, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Can I use beeswax lip balm on my children?
Yes, beeswax lip balm is generally safe for children. However, it is always best to check with your child’s pediatrician before using any new product on their skin.
How often should I apply beeswax and vitamin E lip balm?
You can apply beeswax and vitamin E lip balm as needed throughout the day, but it is recommended to apply it before bed to allow for maximum absorption.
Can I add color to my beeswax and vitamin E lip balm?
Yes, you can add natural coloring agents such as beetroot powder or cocoa powder to your lip balm to give it a tint.
What is the shelf life of beeswax and vitamin E lip balm?
Beeswax and vitamin E lip balm can last up to six months when stored at room temperature.
Can I use other oils instead of sweet almond oil in my lip balm?
Yes, you can use other carrier oils such as jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil in place of sweet almond oil.
Can I use beeswax and vitamin E lip balm as a base for lipstick?
Yes, you can use beeswax and vitamin E lip balm as a base for natural lipstick by adding natural coloring agents and adjusting the texture as needed.
Can I use beeswax and vitamin E lip balm on other parts of my body?
Yes, you can use beeswax and vitamin E lip balm on other dry or chapped areas of your body such as cuticles, elbows, or heels to provide deep hydration and protection.