I’ve been using Finacea for about eight months now and it’s helped me a lot with my seborrheic dermatitis.
But I wanted to know, “Can you use hyaluronic acid with finacea?” since the two are very similar.
What will happen?
Will they cause any skin problems?
And how will they affect each other?
Can You Use Hyaluronic Acid With Finacea?
The two substances are often used together as part of an anti-aging regimen.
However, they’re not typically taken together in any way that would be considered “medication.”
In fact, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t approve any drug that combines hyaluronic acid with finacea or other medications.
This means you should talk to your doctor before using these two substances together outside of their prescribed use or in any combination that hasn’t been approved by the FDA for use together.
The two products have different ways of working so it should not be an issue if you use them together as long as you don’t overuse either product.
If you are using both products in moderation then there shouldn’t be any issues with them being used together.
What is Finacea?
Finacea is a topical cream that is used to treat acne by reducing the number of bacteria on the skin.
It works by lowering the production of oil and increasing the skin’s ability to shed dead cells.
Why Do People Use Finacea With Hyaluronic Acid?
Benefits of Finacea with hyaluronic acid;
1. It is a topical treatment for inflammatory skin conditions like rosacea and acne.
2. It reduces redness, swelling, and bumps on the skin.
3. It helps in healing pimples quickly.
4. It reduces acne scars and improves the overall complexion of your face.
5. It can be used by both men and women to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles on their face.
6. It is non-comedogenic, which means that it does not clog pores or cause breakouts on your face!
7. It has no side effects whatsoever!
8. You do not have to apply any other moisturizer after using Finacea with Hyaluronic Acid because it has hyaluronic acid which keeps your skin hydrated for a long time!
9. You do not have to buy a separate cream along with this product because it comes with vitamin C which helps fight free radicals in your body and prevent premature aging.
How to Use Finacea With Hyaluronic Acid
1. Wash your face
Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
2. Apply hyaluronic acid serum
Apply a thin layer of your hyaluronic acid serum to the skin, avoiding the eye area.
3. Apply Fianacea
Wait 30 minutes before applying finacea to allow the hyaluronic acid serum to absorb into your skin.
Apply a thin layer of finacea over the affected area and rub it in gently for about 1 minute until it disappears into your skin.
4. Apply an additional layer of finacea
Apply an additional layer of finacea if necessary, but no more than 4 times per day (morning, noon, evening, and night).
5. Apply finacea within 2 hours after washing or bathing
Make sure that you apply finacea within 2 hours after washing or bathing because this can affect how well it works on your skin (don’t wait too long between applying the two products).
6. Avoid other products
Avoid applying other products on top of finacea as they may decrease its effectiveness or cause irritation on your skin (this includes makeup, moisturizers, sunscreens etc.).
Who Should Not Use HA With Finacea?
The following groups of people should not use HA with Finacea:
- People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in the product.
- Pregnant women or nursing mothers.
- People who have had organ transplants.
- People who take blood thinners (anticoagulants) such as warfarin (Coumadin), heparin, or other medications that thin the blood.
- People with pigmentation disorders should not use Finacea.
- Finacea should not be used on children under 12 years of age.
I hope this clears up any confusion regarding the use of hyaluronic acid with topical finacea.
While my research was not conclusive, I do think it is safe to say that these two treatments can be used in conjunction as long as you maintain proper spacing between applications.