If you’re looking for a natural way to get rid of blemishes and clear up your complexion, tea tree oil may be an option.
Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia shrub in Australia.
It’s often used as an acne treatment by applying a few drops directly to pimples or blemishes.
You can also mix it with other products like moisturizers or cleansers to enhance their effects on your skin.
But does tea tree oil work well with Cerave?
Here we’ll explore some common questions about using this popular acne treatment alongside other products like Cerave and Cetaphil moisturizer:
Can You Use Tea Tree Oil With Cerave?
The answer is yes, you can use tea tree oil with Cerave. But there are a few things to keep in mind when doing so;
- Use a small amount of tea tree oil. While Tea Tree Oil is generally safe for most people, it can cause irritation if used in large quantities or applied too often (especially on the face).
- Because of this, we recommend using only a small amount of Tea Tree Oil when treating skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
- The best way to do this would be by diluting one drop of Tea Tree Oil into 4 ounces of water or olive oil before applying it to affected areas as needed throughout the day.
- Do not apply directly onto the skin—only use diluted versions!
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding; this also goes for any other topical medications that may affect hormones like birth control pills.
- If you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies/sensitivities then make sure that you talk with your doctor before using anything new on your face
Can You Mix Tea Tree Oil With Your Moisturizer?
While it’s possible to mix tea tree oil with your moisturizer, this isn’t the best way to use it.
Tea tree oil is extremely potent and can cause irritation if applied topically in large amounts.
Even if you dilute it with something else, like a moisturizer, you shouldn’t use it on your face since that area of skin tends to be more sensitive than other parts of your body.
If you’re looking for an alternative way to get the benefits of tea tree oil without having to deal with its side effects (like redness), there are other ways besides applying it topically:
- You can add some drops of diluted tea tree oil into your bathtub or shower as steam rises off the surface of water during your next shower or bath;
- You can add some drops into a diffuser alongside another essential oil that’s known for its calming properties;
Should You Put Tea Tree Oil on Before or After Moisturizer?
You can apply tea tree oil before or after your moisturizer, depending on your preference.
If you choose to apply it first, make sure to wait for the tea tree oil to absorb before applying your moisturizer.
Also, if you use a light moisturizer (like Cerave Moisturizing Cream), then it will take longer for the tea tree oil to absorb than if you were using something heavier like CeraVe Lotion SPF 30+.
So keep this in mind as well!
Can You Mix Tea Tree Oil With Cetaphil Moisturizer?
Tea tree oil is a strong ingredient and can cause irritation if it is mixed with Cetaphil moisturizer.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should not use this product on your face.
Instead, try mixing the tea tree oil with other natural ingredients like coconut oil to create an all-natural remedy for acne.
What Can You Not Mix With Tea Tree Oil?
You should not use tea tree oil with other essential oils.
You also shouldn’t mix it with other acne treatments, including benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
If you’re using a product that contains retinol or vitamin A (like CeraVe), don’t add tea tree oil to the mix.
We hope that we have given you the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not tea tree oil and Cerave are safe to use together.
While there are plenty of benefits from using both products together, there are some risks as well.
The most important thing is to be sure that your skin type can handle it before combining both of these products together at once!