Protect your skin from the sun with this homemade carrot seed oil sunscreen recipe. Learn how to make your own natural sunscreen with just a few simple ingredients.
Carrot Seed Oil Sunscreen Recipe
- Small mixing bowl
- Small container
- 2 tbsp carrot seed oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp vitamin E oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the carrot seed oil, coconut oil, and beeswax.
- Heat the mixture in a double boiler or a small pot on low heat until the beeswax is fully melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the vitamin E oil. Stir well.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a small container and let it solidify.
- The sunscreen can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- You can adjust the recipe to make more or less as desired.
- You can also add other natural oils such as shea butter or almond oil for added benefits.
How to Use
- Apply the sunscreen to your face and body 15 minutes before going outside.
- Reapply every 2 hours or after sweating or swimming.
What is carrot seed oil?
Carrot seed oil is derived from the seeds of the wild carrot plant. It has been traditionally used for its skin-protective and anti-aging properties.
Is carrot seed oil a good sunscreen?
Carrot seed oil has a natural SPF of 38-40, making it an effective natural sunscreen.
What other benefits does carrot seed oil have for the skin?
Carrot seed oil is also known to have anti-aging, moisturizing, and detoxifying effects on the skin.
What is the SPF of this sunscreen recipe?
The exact SPF of this recipe cannot be guaranteed, but it is estimated to be around SPF 15-20.
Can this sunscreen recipe be used on children?
Yes, it is safe for children to use, but as with any sunscreen, it is important to patch test before applying to a large area of the skin.
Can this sunscreen recipe be used on sensitive skin?
It is recommended to patch test before using on sensitive skin. If any irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Can I add other natural ingredients to this sunscreen recipe?
Yes, other natural oils such as shea butter or almond oil can be added for added benefits. You can also add essential oils for a pleasant scent.