Looking for a homemade lotion recipe? Try our Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion recipe, the perfect solution for dry skin.
It’s easy to make and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion Recipe
- Glass mixing bowl
- Glass jar for storage
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- 15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel.
- Whisk the ingredients together until they are fully combined.
- If desired, add 15 drops of your favorite essential oil to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar for storage.
- Let the lotion cool for 2 hours before use.
- This lotion will stay fresh for up to 2 months if stored in a cool, dark place.
- For best results, use within 6 months.
- Essential oils are optional, but they can add a nice fragrance to the lotion.
How to Use
- After showering or bathing, gently massage a small amount of the lotion into your skin.
- For best results, use the lotion daily.
What is Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion?
Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion is a homemade skin lotion made from two hydrating ingredients, coconut oil and aloe vera.
What are the benefits of using Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion?
The benefits of using this lotion include long-lasting hydration, skin nourishment, and improved skin elasticity. It is also great for dry skin.
Can I use Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion on my face?
Yes, this lotion is gentle enough to use on your face.
How long will the Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion last?
The lotion will last up to 2 months if stored in a cool, dark place. For best results, use within 6 months.
What essential oils can I use in Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion?
You can use any essential oil that you like in this lotion. Some popular options include lavender, tea tree, and eucalyptus.
How long does it take to make Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion?
The total prep time for this lotion is 5 minutes, but it takes 2 hours for the lotion to cool.
What are the ingredients in Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera Lotion?
The ingredients in this lotion include 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel, and 15 drops of essential oil (optional).
Can I use coconut oil and aloe vera lotion as a face moisturizer?
Yes, this lotion can be used as a face moisturizer. However, those with oily skin may find it too rich for daily use.