The delicate skin around the eyes requires extra care to prevent wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles.
Many store-bought eye creams contain harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin. However, with just a few natural ingredients, you can make your own coconut oil and vitamin E eye cream that is both effective and gentle on your skin.
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Eye Cream Recipe
- Small mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Whisk or fork
- Glass jar with lid
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp shea butter
- ½ tbsp beeswax
- ½ tbsp vitamin E oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt together the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in the vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil (if using).
- Pour the mixture into a small glass jar with a lid and allow it to cool and solidify for at least 1 hour.
- Once the eye cream has solidified, gently apply a small amount to the skin around your eyes using your fingertips.
- Store the eye cream in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- Avoid getting the cream in your eyes.
Tips for application
- Apply the eye cream to clean skin.
- Gently pat the cream into the skin, rather than rubbing.
- Use twice a day, in the morning and before bed.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Coconut oil and vitamin E are both rich in antioxidants, which help to prevent damage to the skin caused by free radicals. This can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrates the skin: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help to hydrate the skin around the eyes, reducing puffiness and dark circles.
- Protects against UV damage: Vitamin E has been shown to protect the skin against damage caused by UV radiation.
- Promotes collagen production: Shea butter is rich in vitamin A, which can help to promote collagen production in the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Soothes skin irritation: Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe skin irritation.
- Improves skin elasticity: Beeswax can help to improve skin elasticity, making the skin around the eyes appear firmer and more youthful.
What are the benefits of using coconut oil and vitamin E for the skin?
- Coconut oil and vitamin E are both rich in antioxidants that can help to prevent damage to the skin caused by free radicals. They can also help to hydrate the skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protect against UV damage.
Is it safe to use coconut oil and vitamin E around the eyes?
- Yes, coconut oil and vitamin E are both safe to use around the eyes. However, be careful not to get the cream in your eyes.
How often should I apply coconut oil and vitamin E eye cream?
- It is recommended to use the cream twice a day, in the morning and before bed, for best results.
Can I add other essential oils to the eye cream?
- Yes, you can add other essential oils to the eye cream for additional benefits. However, be sure to research the safety and potential irritants of any new oils before adding them to the mixture.
How long does the eye cream last?
- The eye cream should be used within 6 months and stored in a cool, dry place.
Is this eye cream suitable for all skin types?
- Yes, this eye cream is suitable for all skin types. However, those with sensitive skin may want to test the cream on a small area of skin before applying it around the eyes.
Can I use this eye cream on other parts of my face?
- Yes, you can use this eye cream on other parts of your face. However, be sure to avoid the eye area if you have any sensitivity or irritation.
How do I apply the eye cream without pulling or tugging on the skin?
- Gently pat the eye cream into the skin with your fingertips, rather than rubbing. This will help to avoid pulling or tugging on the delicate skin around the eyes.
Can coconut oil and vitamin E eye cream replace my daily moisturizer?
- While coconut oil and vitamin E eye cream can help to hydrate and moisturize the skin, it may not provide enough hydration for the entire face. You may still need to use a separate moisturizer for the rest of your face.
Can I use this eye cream under makeup?
- Yes, you can use this eye cream under makeup. However, be sure to let the cream fully absorb into the skin before applying makeup to avoid any smudging or sliding.