Learn how to make your own coconut oil soap without lye with this simple and easy recipe. No special equipment or ingredients required.
Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Soap Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Immersion blender or hand mixer
- Soap mold
- Plastic wrap
- Cooking thermometer
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup liquid soap base ( glycerin or castile soap)
- 5-10 drops Essential oil (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and liquid soap base.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the water until it reaches about 120°F.
- Slowly pour the hot water into the bowl with the coconut oil and soap base, and mix until well combined.
- If desired, add a few drops of essential oil and food coloring.
- Pour the soap mixture into a soap mold, cover with plastic wrap, and let cool for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the soap from the mold and cut into bars.
- Let the soap cure for another 1-2 weeks before using.
- You can use glycerin or castile soap as the liquid soap base, depending on your preference.
- If the soap mixture starts to solidify, you can place it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.
- You can store the soap in an airtight container, or wrap it in wax paper to preserve its freshness.
- Wet the soap with water and create a lather in your hands.
- Apply the lather to your skin and massage gently.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat as needed.
What is coconut oil soap?
- Coconut oil soap is a type of soap that is made with coconut oil as the main ingredient. It is a gentler alternative to traditional soap that is made with harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrances.
What are the benefits of coconut oil soap?
- Coconut oil soap is moisturizing, nourishing, and soothing to the skin. It is also environmentally friendly, as it does not contain any harmful chemicals or synthetic fragrances.
How is coconut oil soap made?
- Coconut oil soap is made by combining coconut oil with a liquid soap base, such as glycerin or castile soap. The mixture is then poured into a soap mold and left to cool for 24 hours.
Can coconut oil soap be made without lye?
- Yes, coconut oil soap can be made without lye by using a pre-made liquid soap base. This recipe does not require any lye or special equipment.
What is the difference between coconut oil soap and traditional soap?
- Coconut oil soap is gentler and more moisturizing than traditional soap, which is often made with harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrances. Coconut oil soap is also environmentally friendly, as it does not contain any harmful ingredients.
Can coconut oil soap be used for sensitive skin?
- Yes, coconut oil soap is suitable for sensitive skin because it is gentle and nourishing. It is also free from harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin.
What are the ingredients required to make coconut oil soap without lye?
- The ingredients required to make coconut oil soap without lye are coconut oil, water, liquid soap base (glycerin or castile soap), essential oil (optional), and food coloring (optional).
How long does it take to make coconut oil soap without lye?
- It takes about 20 minutes to make the soap mixture, and 24 hours for it to cool and set. The soap should also be left to cure for 1-2 weeks before using.
What equipment is needed to make coconut oil soap without lye?
- The equipment needed to make coconut oil soap without lye are a large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, immersion blender or hand mixer, soap mold, plastic wrap, and cooking thermometer.
Can coconut oil soap be stored for later use?
- Yes, coconut oil soap can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in wax paper to preserve its freshness. It can last for several months if stored properly.