A bath bomb is a delightful addition to any bath routine, and making your own is a fun and inexpensive DIY project.
The addition of coconut oil takes this bath bomb to the next level, providing a range of benefits for your skin, hair, and overall health. This recipe will show you how to create the perfect bath bomb with coconut oil, so you can pamper yourself with a relaxing and rejuvenating soak.
DIY Bath Bomb Recipe With Coconut Oil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Bath bomb mold(s)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup epsom salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and epsom salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove and add it to the dry mixture.
- Mix in the essential oil (if using) and food coloring (if using). The mixture should start to clump together.
- Firmly press the mixture into your bath bomb mold(s), making sure to pack it tightly.
- Allow the bath bombs to cool and harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bath bombs from the mold(s) and store them in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make sure to use high-quality, pure coconut oil for the best results.
- If the mixture is too crumbly, add a little bit more coconut oil. If it's too wet, add more baking soda or cornstarch.
- You can customize the scent and color of your bath bomb by using different essential oils and food coloring.
Tips for application
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and gently drop in the bath bomb.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes for the best results.
- Use caution when getting in and out of the bathtub, as the oils can make the surface slippery.
- Moisturizes and softens skin
- Relieves muscle pain and tension
- Improves skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Leaves skin glowing and rejuvenated
What are the benefits of using coconut oil in a bath bomb?
The benefits of using coconut oil in a bath bomb include moisturizing and softening skin, relieving muscle pain and tension, improving skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, promoting relaxation and reducing stress, and leaving skin glowing and rejuvenated. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and is rich in antioxidants, which helps to soothe and nourish the skin.
How long should you soak in a bath bomb with coconut oil?
It’s recommended to soak in a bath bomb with coconut oil for at least 15 minutes to get the full benefits. The longer you soak, the more time the coconut oil has to penetrate and moisturize your skin.
What essential oils can be used in a bath bomb with coconut oil?
Any essential oil can be used in a bath bomb with coconut oil, depending on your preferences. Some popular options include lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemon. Essential oils are added to bath bombs for their fragrance, but they also provide additional benefits for the skin and mind.
Can bath bombs with coconut oil be used for dry skin?
Yes, bath bombs with coconut oil are great for dry skin. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and can help to soothe and hydrate dry, flaky skin. Bath bombs with coconut oil are also great for people with eczema or psoriasis, as they help to reduce inflammation and promote skin healing.
Are there any precautions to be taken when using a bath bomb with coconut oil?
When using a bath bomb with coconut oil, it’s important to use caution when getting in and out of the bathtub, as the oils can make the surface slippery. Also, be sure to store bath bombs in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out or getting contaminated.
Can bath bombs with coconut oil be used for pregnant women?
Yes, bath bombs with coconut oil can be used by pregnant women, but it’s always best to consult with your healthcare provider first. Coconut oil is safe to use topically and has been shown to be beneficial for the skin, but some essential oils can be harmful during pregnancy and should be avoided.
Can bath bombs with coconut oil be used for children?
Yes, bath bombs with coconut oil can be used by children, but it’s important to use caution and make sure the water temperature is not too hot. Children have sensitive skin, so it’s also a good idea to avoid using essential oils in their bath bombs and opt for food coloring instead.
How long do bath bombs with coconut oil last?
Bath bombs with coconut oil can last for several months if stored in an airtight container. However, it’s always best to use your bath bomb within 6 months to ensure maximum freshness and effectiveness. Bath bombs that are exposed to air or moisture may start to deteriorate over time and become less effective.