Learn how to make your own glycerin body oil at home with this easy recipe. This all-natural body oil is perfect for moisturizing and softening your skin.
DIY Body Oil With Glycerin
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small pot
- Glass bottle with a dropper or pump
- 1 cup glycerin
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 20-30 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a small pot, combine the glycerin and coconut oil. Heat over low heat until the coconut oil is melted.
- Remove from heat and add any essential oils you desire.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into your glass bottle.
- If you're using a dropper bottle, be sure to shake well before use.
- You can also use almond oil, jojoba oil or any other oil of your choice instead of coconut oil.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add more glycerin or oil to thin it out.
- You can also add other ingredients such as Vitamin E oil, Beeswax to make a more luxurious body oil.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of glycerin body oil to your skin after bathing or showering.
- Massage the oil into your skin, paying extra attention to dry or rough areas.
- Use the oil as needed to moisturize and soften your skin.
What is glycerin body oil used for?
Glycerin body oil is used to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can help to keep the skin soft and smooth, and can be used to treat dry skin.
How is glycerin body oil made?
Glycerin body oil is made by mixing together glycerin, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil. Additional ingredients such as essential oils can be added for fragrance and skin benefits.
What are the benefits of using glycerin body oil?
Glycerin body oil can help to hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. It can also help to treat dry skin, and may provide additional benefits depending on the ingredients used.
Is glycerin body oil safe to use?
Glycerin body oil is safe to use when made with pure ingredients. It is always recommended to do a patch test before applying it to the skin.
How often should I use glycerin body oil?
You can use glycerin body oil as often as you like, but it is generally recommended to apply it after showering or bathing to lock in moisture.
Can I use glycerin body oil on my face?
Glycerin body oil can be used on the face, but it is recommended to use a lighter oil specifically formulated for facial skin.
How do I store glycerin body oil?
Glycerin body oil should be stored in a cool, dark place, such as a cabinet or drawer, to prevent it from becoming too warm or exposed to light. It is also important to make sure the bottle or container is closed tightly to prevent air and light exposure which can cause the oil to go rancid.
Can I add essential oils to glycerin body oil?
Yes, you can add essential oils to glycerin body oil for added fragrance and skin benefits. Be sure to use a high-quality, pure essential oil and follow the recommended usage instructions.
Can glycerin body oil be used as a massage oil?
Yes, glycerin body oil can be used as a massage oil. Its thick, slippery consistency makes it easy to glide over the skin, making it perfect for a relaxing massage.
Can glycerin body oil be used on all skin types?
Glycerin body oil can be used on all skin types, but it is particularly beneficial for dry or sensitive skin. However, as with any new product, it is always best to do a patch test before using it all over your body.