Exfoliate and moisturize your skin at the same time with this easy DIY body scrub recipe that uses glycerin as the main ingredient. This body scrub is gentle on the skin, and can be customized to suit your personal preferences.
DIY Body Scrub With Glycerin
- Small jar or container
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of glycerin
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2-3 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, glycerin, coconut oil, and honey. Mix well.
- Optional: add 2-3 drops of essential oil of your choice for fragrance.
- Transfer the mixture to a small jar or container and store in a cool, dry place.
- Glycerin is a humectant, which means it helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin.
- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and can help to nourish and hydrate the skin.
- Honey is an antibacterial that can help to cleanse and soothe the skin.
- Essential oils can be added for fragrance and additional skincare benefits, but they are optional.
How to Use
- Scoop out a small amount of the scrub and massage onto damp skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Use 1-2 times a week as needed.
What is a glycerin body scrub?
A glycerin body scrub is a type of body scrub that uses glycerin as the main ingredient. Glycerin is a humectant that helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin.
What are the benefits of using glycerin in a body scrub?
Glycerin is a humectant that can help to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It can also help to improve the skin’s texture, making it feel softer and smoother.
How does a glycerin body scrub work?
A glycerin body scrub works by exfoliating the skin with granulated sugar, while also moisturizing the skin with glycerin, coconut oil, and honey.
Who can use a glycerin body scrub?
A glycerin body scrub can be used by most skin types, however it is important to patch test if you have sensitive skin, as some of the ingredients may cause irritation.
How often should you use a glycerin body scrub?
It’s generally recommended to use a glycerin body scrub 1-2 times a week, as overuse can cause dryness or irritation.
What are the side effects of using a glycerin body scrub?
Using a glycerin body scrub can cause mild skin irritation, redness, or dryness if the skin is sensitive or if used too frequently. It’s important to patch test the scrub before using it all over the body, and to use it in moderation.
Can glycerin body scrub be used on the face?
It is not recommended to use a body scrub on the face, as the granulated sugar may be too harsh for the delicate skin on the face. It’s best to use a gentler exfoliant specifically formulated for the face.
Can glycerin body scrub be used on dry skin?
Glycerin body scrub can be used on dry skin, as the glycerin, coconut oil, and honey can help to moisturize and hydrate the skin. However, if your skin is extremely dry or cracked, it’s best to avoid exfoliating and to focus on moisturizing the skin.
Can you add essential oils to a glycerin body scrub?
Yes, essential oils can be added to a glycerin body scrub for fragrance and additional skincare benefits. However, it’s important to use high-quality, pure essential oils and to use them in moderation as some essential oils can be irritating to the skin.
Can you make a larger batch of glycerin body scrub?
Yes, you can make a larger batch of glycerin body scrub by simply multiplying the ingredients accordingly. It’s important to store the scrub in a cool, dry place to prevent spoilage.