Learn how to make your own body wash using vegetable glycerin. This DIY recipe is easy to follow, and is made with all-natural ingredients.
DIY Body Wash With Vegetable Glycerin
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or spoon
- 8 oz bottle or container
- 1 cup of liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup of vegetable glycerin
- 2 tsp of sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the liquid castile soap, vegetable glycerin, and sweet almond oil.
- Whisk or stir the ingredients until well combined.
- If desired, add in 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen container and let it sit for 15 minutes to cool.
- Enjoy your homemade body wash!
- This recipe is for an unscented body wash, but you can customize it with your favorite essential oils.
- Vegetable glycerin is a natural humectant, which means it helps keep your skin hydrated.
- Sweet almond oil is a light, non-greasy oil that is easily absorbed by the skin.
How to Use
- Wet your body in the shower or bath.
- Squeeze a small amount of body wash into your hand or onto a washcloth.
- Rub the body wash onto your skin, creating a lather.
- Rinse off the body wash with water.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel.
What is vegetable glycerin?
- Vegetable glycerin is a clear, colorless liquid that is derived from vegetable oils. It is a natural humectant, which means it helps keep the skin hydrated.
What are the benefits of using vegetable glycerin in body wash?
- Vegetable glycerin helps to keep the skin hydrated, and can also act as a gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
Can you make body wash with vegetable glycerin?
- Yes, you can make body wash with vegetable glycerin by mixing it with other ingredients such as liquid castile soap and sweet almond oil.
Is vegetable glycerin body wash good for dry skin?
- Yes, vegetable glycerin is a natural humectant, which helps to keep the skin hydrated, making it a good option for people with dry skin.
How do you use vegetable glycerin body wash?
- To use vegetable glycerin body wash, wet your body in the shower or bath, squeeze a small amount of body wash into your hand or onto a washcloth, and rub it onto your skin to create a lather. Rinse off the body wash with water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
Can vegetable glycerin body wash be used on sensitive skin?
- Vegetable glycerin body wash is generally considered gentle and non-irritating, making it suitable for sensitive skin. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin, it is always best to patch test the product first before using it all over your body.
How do you make vegetable glycerin body wash at home?
- To make vegetable glycerin body wash at home, you will need ingredients such as liquid castile soap, vegetable glycerin, sweet almond oil, and essential oils (optional). Simply mix the ingredients together, pour into a container and let it cool for a few minutes before using.
How long does vegetable glycerin body wash last?
- Vegetable glycerin body wash has a shelf life of 1-2 years if stored in a cool, dry place.
Does vegetable glycerin body wash lather?
- Yes, when mixed with other ingredients such as liquid castile soap, vegetable glycerin body wash can produce a lather.
Can vegetable glycerin body wash be used for hair?
- Vegetable glycerin body wash is formulated for use on the skin, it is not recommended for use on the hair. If you’re looking for a natural hair care product, you should try a different ingredient such as aloe vera juice or coconut milk.