Eyebrows are an essential part of your facial appearance, and a well-groomed pair of eyebrows can make you look stunning.
But, getting the perfect eyebrows can be quite a challenge, especially if you have unruly brows. That’s where eyebrow gel comes in, but not all gels are healthy for your skin.
Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing properties, and when combined with a few other natural ingredients, it makes a fantastic DIY eyebrow gel.
DIY Eyebrow Gel With Coconut Oil
- Small mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Measuring spoons
- Small glass jar with lid
- 1 tsp beeswax pellets
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 tsp of beeswax pellets, 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 1 tsp of almond oil.
- Place the bowl over a double boiler and heat until the ingredients are melted.
- Remove the bowl from heat and stir in 1 tsp of aloe vera gel and 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a small glass jar with a lid.
- Let the gel cool completely, which takes around 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, screw the lid on and store the jar in a cool place.
- Beeswax pellets are essential to help hold the eyebrows in place.
- Almond oil is known for its moisturizing properties and helps keep the skin hydrated.
- Aloe vera gel soothes and cools the skin, and the lavender essential oil adds a subtle fragrance.
How to Use
- Clean your eyebrows with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Take a small amount of the DIY eyebrow gel and apply it with a clean brush or your finger.
- Brush your eyebrows upward and outwards to shape them.
- Repeat the process until you achieve the desired shape and hold.
What are the benefits of using coconut oil in eyebrow gel?
Coconut oil is known for its moisturizing properties, and when used in eyebrow gel, it helps keep the skin hydrated and healthy. It also has antimicrobial properties that help prevent infections and soothes any irritation.
Can this DIY eyebrow gel be used as a daily routine?
Yes, this DIY eyebrow gel can be used daily, and it’s recommended to use it in the morning after cleaning your face.
How long does this DIY eyebrow gel last?
This DIY eyebrow gel lasts around 6 months if stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
Is it safe to use this DIY eyebrow gel on sensitive skin?
Yes, it is safe to use this DIY eyebrow gel on sensitive skin as it is made with natural ingredients. However, it’s always recommended to do a patch test first, to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Can other essential oils be used instead of lavender essential oil?
Yes, other essential oils such as tea tree oil, peppermint oil, or rosemary oil can be used instead of lavender essential oil. However, it’s important to make sure that the essential oil you use is safe for topical use.
Is it necessary to use beeswax in this DIY eyebrow gel recipe?
Yes, beeswax is essential in this recipe as it helps hold the eyebrows in place. It also provides a protective barrier for the skin.
Can this DIY eyebrow gel be used for eyebrows with blonde hair?
Yes, this DIY eyebrow gel can be used for eyebrows with blonde hair, but the hold might not be as strong. In that case, you can use a lighter touch when applying the gel.
Can this DIY eyebrow gel be used for eyebrows with dark hair?
Yes, this DIY eyebrow gel can be used for eyebrows with dark hair, and it provides a strong hold without making the eyebrows look crunchy.
What are the possible side effects of using this DIY eyebrow gel?
This DIY eyebrow gel is made with natural ingredients, so there are no known side effects. However, it’s important to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients before using it.
Can this DIY eyebrow gel be used for other parts of the face?
Yes, this DIY eyebrow gel can be used for other parts of the face, such as the eyelashes or sideburns, to hold them in place.
- Making a DIY eyebrow gel with coconut oil is simple and takes no time at all.
- This gel not only holds your eyebrows in place but also nourishes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling healthy.
- The ingredients used in this recipe are natural, making it safe to use even on sensitive skin.
- This DIY eyebrow gel can be used daily and lasts around 6 months if stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- The recipe is versatile, and you can use it for other parts of the face, such as the eyelashes or sideburns.