Make your own natural face cream with sunscreen at home in just a few easy steps. Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays while nourishing and hydrating with this DIY recipe.
DIY Face Cream With Sunscreen
- Small saucepan
- Glass jar or container
- Whisk or spatula
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- ¼ cup beeswax
- 2 tbsp zinc oxide powder (non-nano)
- 20 drops essential oil of choice (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, almond oil, and beeswax over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in the zinc oxide powder until fully combined.
- Add in any essential oils if desired and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar or container and allow to cool and solidify for at least 30 minutes.
- Make sure to use non-nano zinc oxide powder, as nano particles can be absorbed into the skin and potentially cause harm.
- Essential oils can be added for added fragrance and skin benefits, but are not necessary.
- This cream will have a natural, slightly matte finish.
How to Use
- Cleanse and dry your face before applying the cream.
- Take a small amount of the cream and apply it evenly to your face and neck.
- Rub it in until fully absorbed.
- Reapply as needed throughout the day, especially after swimming or sweating.
How long does this cream last?
It will last for several months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Can I use this cream on my body as well?
Yes, it can be used on the body as well as the face.
Can I use this cream on sensitive skin?
It is always best to patch test any new skincare product on a small area of skin before using it all over. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to start with a lower concentration of essential oils or omit them altogether.
Can I use this cream in place of my regular sunscreen?
Yes, this cream contains zinc oxide which is a natural, physical sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection. However, it is always important to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours or after swimming or sweating.
Can I use this cream at night?
Yes, it can be used both day and night.
Can I customize the ingredients?
Yes, you can try different oils or essential oils to suit your skin’s needs. Just make sure to keep the ratio of oils to beeswax consistent.
Can I use this cream while pregnant or nursing?
It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before using any new skincare products while pregnant or nursing. Some essential oils should be avoided during these times.