Learn how to make your own flaxseed gel with glycerin for natural hair care at home. This DIY recipe is easy to make and perfect for adding shine and defining curls.
DIY Flaxseed Gel With Glycerin
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Glass jar or bottle for storage
- ¼ cup flaxseed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp glycerin
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Slowly add in 1/4 cup of flaxseed and whisk continuously for 15 minutes to prevent lumps.
- Remove from heat, and strain the mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any solid particles.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, add 1 tsp of glycerin to the mixture, and stir well.
- Transfer the gel to a glass jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use the gel within 2 weeks for best results
- Shake well before use
- Can be used as a styling gel or leave-in conditioner
How to Use
- Section your hair and apply the gel to damp or dry hair
- Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to distribute the gel evenly
- Scrunch or twist your hair to define curls
- Leave to air dry or diffuse with a hair dryer
What is Glycerin Flaxseed Gel used for?
- Glycerin Flaxseed Gel is used for adding shine and definition to curls, hydrating and nourishing the hair.
What are the benefits of using Glycerin Flaxseed Gel on hair?
The benefits of using Glycerin Flaxseed Gel on hair include:
- Moisturizing the hair
- Enhancing curls definition
- Adding shine to the hair
- Providing a natural hold without the use of harsh chemicals
How long does Glycerin Flaxseed Gel last?
- Glycerin Flaxseed Gel will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in the refrigerator.
Can Glycerin Flaxseed Gel be used as a leave-in conditioner?
- Yes, Glycerin Flaxseed Gel can be used as a leave-in conditioner to moisturize and nourish the hair.
Can Glycerin Flaxseed Gel be used on all hair types?
- Glycerin Flaxseed Gel can be used on all hair types, but it is particularly beneficial for those with curly or coily hair.
How often should Glycerin Flaxseed Gel be used on hair?
- Glycerin Flaxseed Gel can be used as often as needed, but it is recommended to use it at least once a week for best results.
Does Glycerin Flaxseed Gel have any side effects?
- There are no known side effects of using Glycerin Flaxseed Gel on hair.
Is Glycerin Flaxseed Gel safe for color-treated hair?
- Yes, Glycerin Flaxseed Gel is safe for color-treated hair.
Can Glycerin Flaxseed Gel be used as a styling gel?
- Yes, Glycerin Flaxseed Gel can be used as a styling gel to hold curls and add definition to the hair.