Learn how to make a DIY foot cream with glycerin to keep your feet moisturized and smooth. This easy recipe takes just a few minutes to make and is perfect for dry, cracked heels.
DIY Foot Cream With Glycerin
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Small jar or container
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and beeswax.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the beeswax is fully melted.
- Stir in the glycerin and peppermint essential oil (if using).
- Pour the mixture into a small jar or container.
- Let the cream cool and solidify for 10 minutes before using.
- This cream will last for up to 6 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
- If the cream is too hard, you can melt it again and add more coconut oil to make it softer.
- If the cream is too soft, you can add more beeswax to make it firmer.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of cream to the bottoms of your feet before bed.
- Massage the cream into your skin for a few minutes.
- Slip on a pair of socks to lock in the moisture.
- Repeat this process every night for best results.
What is glycerin and why is it good for your feet?
- Glycerin is a natural humectant that attracts and retains moisture, making it a great ingredient for keeping skin hydrated and smooth. It is often used in beauty products, including foot creams, to help moisturize dry, cracked heels.
Can I make a foot cream with glycerin at home?
- Yes, you can easily make a DIY foot cream with glycerin at home using just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is easy to follow and only takes a few minutes to make.
What other ingredients can I add to a foot cream with glycerin?
- Some other ingredients that can be added to a foot cream with glycerin include coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils such as peppermint. These ingredients can help to moisturize, soothe, and refresh the skin on your feet.
How often should I use a foot cream with glycerin?
- For best results, it is recommended to use a foot cream with glycerin every night before bed. This will allow the cream to absorb into your skin while you sleep.
Does a foot cream with glycerin help with dry, cracked heels?
- Yes, a foot cream with glycerin can help to moisturize and heal dry, cracked heels. The glycerin in the cream attracts and retains moisture, while other ingredients such as coconut oil can help to soothe and nourish the skin.
Can I use a foot cream with glycerin on my feet during the day?
- Yes, you can use a foot cream with glycerin during the day, but it is best to use it at night when your feet are more likely to absorb the moisture. You can also use it during the day and put on socks to lock in the moisture.
How long does a jar of foot cream with glycerin last?
- A jar of foot cream with glycerin can last for up to 6 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Is it safe to use a foot cream with glycerin during pregnancy?
- Consult your doctor before using any new products during pregnancy.
Can I use a foot cream with glycerin on my hands?
- Yes, you can use a foot cream with glycerin on your hands as well. It can help to moisturize and soothe dry, cracked skin on your hands.
Can I add my own essential oils to a foot cream with glycerin?
- Yes, you can add your own essential oils to a foot cream with glycerin. Some popular essential oils for foot creams include peppermint, tea tree, and lavender. However, consult a professional aromatherapist before using essential oils on your skin.