Say goodbye to dry and cracked hands with this easy DIY hand cream recipe. Made with glycerin, this nourishing cream will leave your hands feeling soft and smooth. Perfect for cold winter months or for anyone with dry skin.
DIY Hand Cream With Glycerin
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Small jar or container with lid
- ¼ cup glycerin
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 10-15 drops essential oil (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the glycerin and water until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave or double boiler and add it to the glycerin mixture. Mix well.
- If desired, add 10-15 drops of essential oil for fragrance. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a small jar or container with a lid and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, the cream will have a thick and creamy consistency. Apply to hands as needed.
- This cream can also be used on other areas of the body that are prone to dryness, such as elbows and knees.
- You can also use different types of oils like Jojoba oil, Olive oil, etc.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of cream to your hands and massage it in until it is fully absorbed.
- Repeat as needed throughout the day, especially after washing your hands.
- Can be used as a night cream before going to bed.
What is glycerin hand cream?
- Glycerin hand cream is a type of moisturizer that is made with glycerin as the main ingredient. It helps to hydrate and moisturize dry and cracked hands.
How to make glycerin hand cream?
- To make glycerin hand cream, you need to mix glycerin, water, coconut oil and essential oil in a bowl. Then pour the mixture into a container and let it cool for 1 hour before using.
What are the benefits of using glycerin hand cream?
- Glycerin hand cream helps to hydrate and moisturize dry and cracked skin. It can also help to improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
Is glycerin hand cream good for dry skin?
- Yes, glycerin hand cream is good for dry skin as it helps to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Can you use glycerin hand cream on other parts of the body?
- Yes, you can use glycerin hand cream on other parts of the body that are prone to dryness, such as elbows and knees.
What are the alternative ingredients for glycerin hand cream?
- Other ingredients that can be used to make glycerin hand cream include coconut oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil.
How often should you use glycerin hand cream?
- It is recommended to use glycerin hand cream as often as needed, especially after washing your hands. You can also use it as a night cream before going to bed.
How long does homemade glycerin hand cream last?
- Homemade glycerin hand cream can last for several months if stored properly in a cool and dry place.
Can glycerin hand cream be used on children?
- Yes, glycerin hand cream can be used on children, but it is always best to consult with a pediatrician before using any new skincare product on a child.
Is glycerin hand cream safe for sensitive skin?
- Glycerin hand cream is generally safe for sensitive skin, but it is always best to patch test a small area before using it all over the skin. If any irritation occurs, discontinue use.