Lips are one of the most delicate parts of our face and need extra care, especially in harsh weather conditions. If you’re tired of using store-bought lip balms that are expensive and contain harmful chemicals, it’s time to switch to a more natural alternative.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a DIY lip balm with Vaseline and coconut oil, which will leave your lips soft and moisturized.
DIY Lip Balm With Vaseline and Coconut Oil
- a double boiler
- a small container
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- A few drops of food coloring (optional)
- Fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of water and bring it to a simmer.
- Place a heat-proof bowl over the saucepan, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Add the Vaseline and coconut oil to the bowl and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a minute.
- Add a few drops of essential oil and food coloring if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a small container and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Once it's solid, put the lid on and store in a cool place.
- If the mixture is too hot, it will melt the container and make it difficult to store.
- Essential oils can cause skin irritation in some people, so be careful when using them.
- Use only a few drops of food coloring, as too much can stain your lips.
Tips for application
- Apply a small amount of lip balm to your lips as needed.
- Use the lip balm before bedtime for best results.
- For extra hydration, apply a thin layer of lip balm and cover with a lip balm-specific overnight mask.
- Moisturizes and softens the lips
- Protects the lips from harsh weather conditions
- Can help heal dry and chapped lips
- Helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles on the lips
- Provides a natural and chemical-free alternative to store-bought lip balms.
What is a DIY lip balm made with Vaseline and coconut oil?
A DIY lip balm is a lip moisturizer made with natural ingredients such as Vaseline and coconut oil, instead of store-bought lip balms that contain harmful chemicals.
What are the benefits of making your own lip balm with Vaseline and coconut oil?
The benefits of making your own lip balm with Vaseline and coconut oil include moisturizing and softening the lips, protecting them from harsh weather conditions, helping heal dry and chapped lips, preventing fine lines and wrinkles, and providing a natural and chemical-free alternative.
How long does it take to make a lip balm with Vaseline and coconut oil?
The preparation time is about 5 minutes, and the cooling time is about 30 minutes.
Is it safe to use Vaseline and coconut oil on your lips?
Yes, Vaseline and coconut oil are both safe to use on the lips. Vaseline is a petroleum-based product that acts as a barrier to protect the skin from moisture loss, while coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that is gentle on the skin.
Can you add essential oils to the lip balm recipe?
Yes, you can add essential oils to the lip balm recipe for added benefits and fragrance. However, it is important to note that some essential oils can cause skin irritation in some people, so be careful when using them.
Is the lip balm recipe suitable for all skin types?
Yes, the lip balm recipe is suitable for all skin types as it contains gentle ingredients like Vaseline and coconut oil.
How long will the lip balm last?
The lip balm will last for about 6-12 months if stored in a cool place.
Can you use food coloring in the lip balm recipe?
Yes, you can use food coloring in the lip balm recipe to add color to the lip balm. However, use only a few drops as too much food coloring can stain the lips.
Is the lip balm recipe better than store-bought lip balms?
The lip balm recipe is a better option compared to store-bought lip balms as it is natural and free from harmful chemicals. It is also a cost-effective alternative to expensive store-bought lip balms.
How often should you apply the lip balm?
You can apply the lip balm as needed, but for best results, it is recommended to apply it before bedtime. For extra hydration, apply a thin layer of lip balm and cover with a lip balm-specific overnight mask.