Lips are one of the most sensitive parts of the body and need to be pampered and moisturized. The skin on the lips is thin and delicate and can be easily damaged by exposure to the sun, wind, and other environmental factors.
In this post, we will be discussing a DIY Lip Scrub With Coconut Oil Without Honey that is perfect for keeping your lips soft, smooth and supple all year round.
DIY Lip Scrub With Coconut Oil Without Honey
- Small container for storage
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and coconut oil.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a small container.
- Store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
- The scrub can be stored for up to 3 months.
- If the mixture becomes too hard, simply warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds.
Tips for application
- Apply the scrub gently to your lips in a circular motion.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Follow with a moisturizing lip balm.
- Exfoliates dead skin cells from the lips.
- Leaves lips feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated.
- Increases circulation to the lips.
- Promotes healthy and youthful-looking lips.
What are the benefits of using a lip scrub with coconut oil?
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect and hydrate the skin. It is also antimicrobial, which helps to prevent infection. A lip scrub made with coconut oil will leave your lips feeling soft, smooth and hydrated.
Is a lip scrub with coconut oil good for sensitive skin?
Yes, a lip scrub made with coconut oil is a great option for those with sensitive skin. Coconut oil is gentle and non-irritating, making it perfect for those with sensitive skin.
Can I use a lip scrub with coconut oil daily?
Yes, you can use a lip scrub with coconut oil daily, but it is recommended to use it 2-3 times a week to avoid over-exfoliating your lips.
Can I make a lip scrub with coconut oil without sugar?
Yes, you can make a lip scrub with coconut oil without sugar by using salt or coffee grounds instead.
Is a lip scrub with coconut oil vegan?
Yes, a lip scrub with coconut oil is vegan, as long as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients.
Can I use a lip scrub with coconut oil on chapped lips?
Yes, a lip scrub with coconut oil is perfect for chapped lips as it helps to exfoliate and hydrate the skin, reducing the appearance of dry and flaky skin.
Can I use honey in my lip scrub with coconut oil?
No, this specific recipe uses vanilla extract instead of honey, but you can add honey if desired.
How long does a lip scrub with coconut oil last?
A lip scrub with coconut oil can last up to 3 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Can I add essential oils to my lip scrub with coconut oil?
Yes, you can add essential oils to your lip scrub with coconut oil for added benefits and fragrance. However, it is important to be cautious when using essential oils on sensitive skin like the lips.
Can I use a lip scrub with coconut oil before applying lipstick?
Yes, using a lip scrub with coconut oil before applying lipstick can help to create a smooth and even base for your lipstick. It also helps to increase the longevity of your lipstick by preventing it from cracking or flaking.