A DIY setting spray is a makeup product that helps your makeup stay in place for longer periods of time. It is made by mixing a few ingredients and storing them in a spray bottle.
Setting sprays are used after applying makeup to hold the makeup in place, and to prevent it from smudging or fading throughout the day. DIY setting sprays can be made at home using natural ingredients, which makes them more affordable and safer than store-bought setting sprays.
Benefits of using a DIY setting spray
There are a lot of benefits to using a DIY setting spray. Firstly, it is completely customizable, so you can create a spray that suits your skin type and the climate you live in.
Secondly, it is a natural alternative to store-bought setting sprays, which can contain harsh chemicals that can damage your skin over time. Thirdly, it is affordable and easy to make, which means you can control the quality and quantity of the ingredients you use.
|Benefits of a DIY setting spray
|Customizable for your skin type and climate
|Natural alternative to store-bought sprays
|Affordable and easy to make
Ingredients needed for a DIY setting spray
The ingredients you need to make a DIY setting spray are all natural, and can be found in your kitchen or local health food store. You will need:
- Distilled water: This is essential for preventing bacteria growth and ensuring that the spray is safe for use on your skin.
- Aloe vera gel: This will soothe and hydrate your skin, and help the spray to adhere better to your makeup.
- Witch hazel: This is a natural astringent that will help to tighten your pores and prevent oil buildup on your skin.
- Essential oils: These will add fragrance and additional skincare benefits to your spray. Some popular options include lavender, tea tree, and peppermint oil.
|Ingredients for a DIY setting spray
|Aloe vera gel
Step-by-step guide for making a DIY setting spray
Making your own DIY setting spray is easy and fun. Follow these steps to create your own:
- Start by sterilizing your spray bottle. Wash it with hot soapy water, then rinse it with rubbing alcohol and let it dry completely.
- Mix 1/4 cup of distilled water with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a small bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel to the mixture and stir again.
- Finally, add 5-10 drops of your chosen essential oil to the mixture, depending on how strong you want the scent to be. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into your spray bottle and shake well before each use.
|Step-by-step guide for making a DIY setting spray
|Sterilize your spray bottle
|Mix water and aloe vera gel
|Add witch hazel
|Add essential oils
|Pour mixture into spray bottle
Tips for using a DIY setting spray effectively
To get the most out of your DIY setting spray, follow these tips:
- Spray the setting spray on your face after applying your makeup. Hold the bottle about 8 inches away from your face, then spray in a circular motion.
- Allow the spray to dry completely before touching your face, or applying anything else on your face.
- You can also use the setting spray throughout the day to refresh your makeup.
How to store your DIY setting spray
To store your DIY setting spray, keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Shake the bottle well before each use to ensure that the ingredients are well mixed. Once you have made a batch of the spray, it can last up to 2-3 months.
DIY setting spray vs store-bought setting sprays
DIY setting sprays are a natural and affordable alternative to store-bought setting sprays. Store-bought setting sprays can contain harsh chemicals that can damage your skin over time, while DIY setting sprays are made with natural ingredients that are safe for your skin. Additionally, store-bought setting sprays can be more expensive than DIY setting sprays, and they may not be customizable to your skin type and climate.
|DIY setting spray vs store-bought setting sprays
|DIY sprays are natural and affordable
|Store-bought sprays can contain harsh chemicals
|DIY sprays are customizable to your skin type and climate
Conclusion: Why you should try making your own setting spray
Making your own DIY setting spray is easy, affordable, and completely customizable. It is a great way to ensure that you are using natural products on your skin, and to save money on expensive store-bought setting sprays. By making your own setting spray, you can control the quality and quantity of the ingredients you use, and you can customize the spray to your skin type and the climate you live in. So why not give it a try and see the difference it can make to your makeup routine?