Eyebrow gel is a makeup product that you can use to shape and define your eyebrows.
It’s a great alternative to pencil or powder because it comes with built-in brush applicators.
But what does eyebrow gel do for your face? Is it even considered makeup? Let’s find out!
The History of Eyebrow Gel
The history of eyebrow gel is short compared to other makeup products.
Eyebrow gel, invented by a company called L’Oreal, was introduced in the early 2000s.
The product had a quick rise in popularity and use.
Eyebrow gel is made from polymers, waxes, and oils that are mixed together to create a paste or cream consistency.
It can be applied directly onto your brow hairs with an angled brush or simply smoothed over them with your fingertips (though this method may soak through the skin slightly).
Benefits of Eyebrow Gel
Brow gel can be used in a variety of ways to keep your eyebrows in place and help them look their best.
Here are some of the most common benefits:
1. It can help you create a polished look with minimal effort
Eyebrow gel is quick and easy to apply, making it perfect for makeup beginners who want simple beauty tools that will do the job without much fuss.
2. Helps fill in any gaps or sparse areas on the brows
This makes it ideal for women who have patchy areas around their brows, especially if they have light-colored hair.
These areas will stand out when you aren’t using an eyebrow filler or powder if you don’t use eyebrow gel first!
3. It can help you keep your brows in place
You don’t have to worry about them shifting around on your face if you use an eyebrow gel; they’ll stay put until you take them off.
This is especially important if you’re wearing makeup that involves a lot of eye shadow and other products because these tend to be more powdery than traditional liquid foundations.
4. Eyebrow gel can make your brows appear thicker
If you have thin or sparse brows, using a gel can help fill them in and make them look fuller.
This is especially helpful if you’re going for an updated “Instagram” brow look; many celebrities are now shaving their eyebrows off to create a more natural look that highlights the shape of their faces.
How to Apply and Remove Eyebrow Gel
- Apply the gel to your eyebrow brush or an angled eyeliner brush, using a gentle hand.
- Apply short strokes and make sure you fill in all of your brows, even the sparse areas.
- Use a cotton swab to clean up any mistakes (eyebrow gel is hard to remove).
- If you want to add color, try using a cream eye shadow in a similar shade.
- Apply it with your finger or an angled eyeliner brush and use small strokes to fill in the gaps.
How to Choose an Eyebrow Gel that Matches Your Skin Tone
When choosing an eyebrow gel, you should first determine your skin tone.
This can be done by looking at the color of your hair and then matching it with the appropriate shade of eyebrow gel.
If you have dark hair; Choose a lighter shade of gel.
If you have light hair; Choose a darker shade.
If you have light skin or no visible veins; Choose a darker shade.
How to Choose an Eyebrow Gel that Matches Your Hair Color
If you have dark hair, the best eyebrow gel for your brows will be a shade that’s lighter than your natural hair color.
If you have light hair, then it’s best to choose a brow gel that has a darker tint.
If you’re not sure how to find the right eyebrow gel shade for your hair color, here are some tips:
- Look at pictures of people with similar shades of hair as yours and see what types of tints they wear. This will help guide your decision-making process.
- Keep in mind that if you have dark brown or black hair, then most products will stand out against them regardless of their hue. So if one product looks better than another but isn’t quite right for your coloring scheme (for example), just go with whatever makes sense based on these images instead!
The Best Brands of Eyebrow Gel Available Today
The best brands of eyebrow gel available today have a few things in common.
First, they’ve all been created by companies that are committed to safety and quality.
Second, the formulas are designed for easy application and long-lasting results.
Finally, each brand has something special about it—whether it’s a unique color or finish or an innovative new shape for your brush or applicator!
If you’re looking for a brand with excellent coverage options, try out Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Gel ($23).
This product comes in four different shades: Blonde, Brunette 2 (best suited for blonde hair), Brunette 3 (best suited for medium brown hair), and Brunette 4 (best suited for dark brown hair).
And while the consistency is thick enough to fill in any sparse areas on your brows without making them look unnatural, it won’t clump together after application either; so you’ll be able to go about your day without having to keep fixing anything up throughout the day.
The Difference Between Matte and Shiny or Glittery Eyebrows (and Which One Looks Better on You)
The difference between matte and shiny eyebrows is one of the most important choices you can make when it comes to your brows.
- Shiny or glittery eyebrows look more dramatic, but they also make it easier for you to go overboard. If you’re looking for a bold look that gives off major statement vibes, this is the way to go.
- Matte brow products are great for people who want a more natural look because they blend in better with the rest of your face. They tend to be lighter in color as well, so if your hair has a darker hue (like mine), matte is going to be better for making sure your brows don’t look too harsh against it.
Eyebrow gel is a great way to make your eyebrows look fuller and more defined. It also helps them stay in place, which means less time spent trying to fix them.
Eyebrows are an important part of a person’s face, so it’s worth taking some time each morning just before work or school starts to get them right!
There are many different brands available today (and more coming soon), so finding the right one shouldn’t be too difficult if you know what features matter most for each person individually.