Learn how to make your own glycerin deodorant at home with this easy recipe. This all-natural deodorant is gentle on the skin and effective at preventing odor.
Glycerin Deodorant Recipe
- 2 oz. deodorant container
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 2 tablespoons glycerin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of your preferred essential oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Once melted, add in the glycerin, cornstarch, and baking soda. Stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and add in your preferred essential oil, if using. Stir well.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the 2 oz. deodorant container.
- Allow the deodorant to cool and solidify for 2 hours before using.
- This deodorant will be soft to the touch, but will solidify as it cools.
- This deodorant can be stored at room temperature, but will become softer in warmer temperatures.
- If you prefer a firmer deodorant, you can add more cornstarch or baking soda to the recipe.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of the deodorant to your underarms as needed.
- If the deodorant is too soft, you can refrigerate it for a few minutes before using.
- If the deodorant becomes too soft, you can add more cornstarch or baking soda to the recipe.
What is glycerin deodorant?
- Glycerin deodorant is a homemade deodorant made with glycerin and other natural ingredients, such as cornstarch and baking soda.
What are the benefits of using glycerin deodorant?
- Glycerin deodorant is all-natural and gentle on the skin, making it a great alternative to chemical-laden deodorants.
How does glycerin deodorant work?
- Glycerin deodorant works by absorbing moisture and neutralizing odor-causing bacteria.
What are the ingredients in glycerin deodorant?
- The main ingredients in glycerin deodorant are glycerin, cornstarch, baking soda, and coconut oil.
Can you make glycerin deodorant at home?
- Yes, you can make glycerin deodorant at home with a few simple ingredients and a 2 oz. deodorant container.
How long does it take to make glycerin deodorant?
- It takes about 5 minutes to make the deodorant, but it needs to cool and solidify for 2 hours before using.
Can you add essential oils to glycerin deodorant?
- Yes, you can add essential oils to glycerin deodorant to add a pleasant scent.
How do I store glycerin deodorant?
- Glycerin deodorant can be stored at room temperature, but will become softer in warmer temperatures. If the deodorant becomes too soft, you can refrigerate it for a few minutes before using.
How long does glycerin deodorant last?
- The shelf life of glycerin deodorant will depend on the ingredients used and how it is stored. Typically, it can last for several months.
Is glycerin deodorant safe for sensitive skin?
- Yes, glycerin deodorant is safe for sensitive skin as it is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any harsh chemicals. However, if you have any specific allergies or sensitivities, it’s always best to test a small amount on your skin first.