If you are pregnant then you probably have heard of Drunk Elephant Vitamin C. It is recommended by many women on social media.
But what is the truth behind this growing trend? Is it safe during pregnancy?
Is Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Safe for Pregnancy?
The products you should avoid are those that contain retinol and synthetic fragrance.
Retinol is a powerful ingredient proven to help diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars, but it’s not safe for pregnant women.
Additionally, synthetic fragrances can be irritating to the skin, especially during pregnancy. The safest bet is to stay away from these two ingredients if you’re pregnant or nursing.
Drunk Elephant offers Vitamin C day serums, facial oils, and moisturizers that are safe to use during pregnancy because they don’t contain retinol or synthetic fragrance.
How Does Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Work?
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum is a vitamin C serum, which means it contains active ingredients that help brighten and smooth the skin.
This is the case for many vitamin C serums, but Drunk Elephant has created a formula that’s designed to be as effective as possible.
While many other vitamin C serums are made with water and alcohol, the first two ingredients in this formula, Drunk Elephant uses only a base of fruit extracts.
These include grapefruit, lemon, orange, and passion fruit extracts, which are naturally high in vitamin C.
They provide antioxidant benefits and help to give the product its citrus scent.
How to Safely Use Drunk Elephant Vitamin C During Pregnancy
Here are tips on how to safely use Drunk Elephant Vitamin C during pregnancy:
2. As you apply the serum, avoid the areas around your eyes and mouth.
3. Start by using the serum twice a week. If you don’t experience any irritation, you can increase usage to once a day after a week or two.
4. Use the serum in the morning and always follow up with sunscreen to prevent discoloration of your skin due to UV rays.
5. Apply the serum after a shower when your pores are open and skin is more receptive to treatment.
6. If you have sensitive skin, buy a vitamin C treatment with less than 10% vitamin C content as they are less likely to irritate your skin compared to serums with 20% or 25% vitamin C concentration.
7. Mix three drops of Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% with an equal amount of moisturizer before applying on your face to dilute it down further and reduce irritation risk due to high vitamin C concentration.
Is Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Good for Sensitive Skin?
Drunk Elephant’s C-Firma Day Serum is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
It’s packed with a potent 15% vitamin C, 1% vitamin E, and 0.5% ferulic acid to help brighten and firm your complexion and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
If you’re worried about irritation, this serum was formulated without essential oils or fragrance, making it a great option for sensitive skin.
Plus, the addition of soothing ingredients like antioxidant-rich pumpkin ferment extract and soothing beetroot extract can help calm any potential redness.
Benefits of Using Drunk Elephant Vitamin C
Drunk Elephant is a skincare brand that focuses on using clean ingredients.
They are a cruelty-free and vegan brand. Their Vitamin C products are some of their most popular items.
Here are the various benefits of using their Vitamin C products.
1. It refreshes the skin.
2. It brightens the complexion and helps even out skin tone.
3. It makes your skin look more youthful by boosting collagen production and discouraging age-related damage to the skin.
4. It helps to protect your skin from environmental pollution and prevent photodamage, which can make your skin age prematurely.
5. It is ideal for use with other skincare products, such as acids, retinol creams, serums, and moisturizers, because it doesn’t make your skin sensitive to sunlight like some vitamin C products do.
6. Drunk Elephant offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with their product.
7. It comes in a variety of formulations so that you can customize your skincare routine according to your needs and preferences.
8. The ingredients are cruelty-free and vegan friendly, so they don’t contain any animal products or by-products or use animal testing in the manufacturing process.
9. Vitamin C has been shown in numerous studies to be beneficial for a wide range of conditions including sunburns, acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, and fine lines.
Drunk Elephant has a good track record of keeping its products non-toxic and appropriate for pregnancy, so we should have nothing to worry about.
But as always, it’s best to check with a doctor before taking any supplements during pregnancy.