Rare Beauty is a cosmetics brand launched by Selena Gomez in September 2020. The brand’s mission is to celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and self-expression through its makeup products.
Rare Beauty has gained immense popularity in a short period of time because of its unique approach towards beauty. The brand aims to provide high-quality cosmetics that are not only effective but also affordable.
The New Foundation Line
One of the key products in Rare Beauty’s lineup is their foundation. The brand’s foundation has been lauded by many beauty enthusiasts for its ability to provide a flawless, natural-looking finish. The foundation is available in 48 shades, making it easy for everyone to find their perfect match. The product claims to be lightweight, long-wearing, and buildable, and is suitable for all skin types.
A Closer Look at Ingredients
Before we dive into whether Rare Beauty’s foundation is oil-based or not, let’s take a closer look at its ingredients. The foundation contains several key ingredients that work together to provide a smooth, even finish. These include:
- Squalane: A lightweight, non-greasy oil that helps to hydrate and protect the skin.
- Glycerin: An ingredient that helps to attract moisture to the skin, keeping it hydrated and plump.
- Titanium Dioxide: A mineral-based ingredient that provides sun protection and helps to even out skin tone.
Oil-Based or Not?
Now, let’s answer the question on everyone’s mind – is Rare Beauty’s foundation oil-based? The answer is no – the foundation is not oil-based. While the foundation does contain squalane, which is an oil, it is not the primary ingredient. The foundation is water-based, which makes it ideal for those with oily or combination skin.
To understand whether a product is oil-based or not, it’s important to understand its formulation. Formulation refers to the process of combining various ingredients to create a product. In the case of foundation, there are two main types of formulations – oil-based and water-based. Oil-based foundations are typically thicker and provide a more full-coverage finish, while water-based foundations are lighter and provide a more natural-looking finish.
How Does it Feel on the Skin?
Rare Beauty’s foundation has been praised for its lightweight feel on the skin. The product blends easily and provides a natural-looking finish that doesn’t feel heavy or cakey. The foundation is buildable, which means you can layer it for more coverage as needed. It also doesn’t settle into fine lines or pores, making it a great choice for those with mature skin.
Pros and Cons of Oil-Based Foundations
While Rare Beauty’s foundation is not oil-based, it’s worth considering the pros and cons of oil-based foundations. Some of the pros of oil-based foundations include:
- Full coverage: Oil-based foundations are typically thicker and provide more coverage than water-based foundations.
- Hydration: Oil-based foundations often contain ingredients that help to hydrate the skin, making them a great choice for those with dry skin.
- Long-wearing: Oil-based foundations tend to last longer on the skin than water-based foundations.
Some of the cons of oil-based foundations include:
- Oily finish: Oil-based foundations can leave a greasy, oily finish on the skin, which can be problematic for those with oily or acne-prone skin.
- Heavy feel: Oil-based foundations can feel heavy or cakey on the skin, making them less comfortable to wear.
- Settling into fine lines: Oil-based foundations can settle into fine lines or pores, making them less suitable for those with mature skin.
Conclusion: Is Rare Beauty Oil-Based?
In conclusion, Rare Beauty’s foundation is not oil-based. While the product does contain squalane, which is an oil, it is not the primary ingredient. The foundation is water-based, making it a great choice for those with oily or combination skin. The product has been praised for its lightweight feel, natural-looking finish, and buildable coverage. Overall, Rare Beauty’s foundation is a great option for anyone looking for a high-quality, affordable foundation that provides a flawless finish.
|Pros of Oil-Based Foundations
|Cons of Oil-Based Foundations
|Settling into fine lines