Learn how to make your own jelly soap with glycerin! This recipe is easy to follow and produces a fun, squishy soap that is perfect for kids and adults alike.
Jelly Soap With Glycerin Recipe
- Double boiler
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone mold
- 2 cups glycerin
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp citric acid
- 2 tsp Food coloring (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the glycerin over medium heat.
- Add the water and citric acid to the melted glycerin and stir until well combined.
- If desired, add food coloring and essential oils to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold and let it cool for 2 hours.
- Once the soap has cooled, remove it from the mold and enjoy!
- Be sure to use a double boiler when melting the glycerin to prevent it from overheating and becoming too hot to handle.
- Glycerin can be purchased at most craft stores or online.
- Citric acid is used to help the soap set up properly.
- Food coloring and essential oils are optional, but they can be used to add color and scent to the soap.
How to Use
- Wet the soap in water
- Gently rub the soap on your skin
- Rinse off the soap with water
- Enjoy the soft and moisturized skin
What is glycerin jelly soap?
Glycerin jelly soap is a type of soap that is made with glycerin, a natural humectant that helps to keep the skin moisturized.
What are the benefits of glycerin jelly soap?
Glycerin jelly soap has many benefits, including moisturizing the skin, being gentle on the skin, and being easy to make at home.
Can you add essential oils to glycerin jelly soap?
Yes, essential oils can be added to glycerin jelly soap to add scent and other benefits to the soap.
How long does it take to make glycerin jelly soap?
It takes about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 5 minutes to cook the soap, and 2 hours for the soap to cool.
Can you use food coloring in glycerin jelly soap?
Yes, food coloring can be used in glycerin jelly soap to add color to the soap.