Learn how to make your own shea butter glycerin lotion at home with this easy recipe. Perfect for dry skin, this lotion will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized.
Shea Butter Glycerin Lotion Recipe
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Glass jar or container
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 tbsp glycerin
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- In a small saucepan, melt the shea butter over low heat.
- Once melted, add the glycerin and stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut oil and sweet almond oil. Stir until well combined.
- If using, add your favorite essential oil and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar or container and let it cool for at least 1 hour.
- Once cooled, your shea butter glycerin lotion is ready to use!
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled depending on the amount of lotion you want to make.
- If the lotion becomes too hard, simply place the jar in a bowl of warm water to soften it.
- This lotion will last for about 6 months when stored in a cool, dry place.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of lotion to your hands and rub them together to warm it up.
- Gently massage the lotion into your skin, focusing on dry areas.
- Use as needed throughout the day for added moisture and hydration.
What is glycerin lotion used for?
- Glycerin lotion is used for moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
Is glycerin lotion good for dry skin?
- Yes, glycerin lotion is great for dry skin as it helps to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin.
How long does glycerin lotion last?
- Glycerin lotion can last up to 6 months when stored in a cool, dry place.
Can glycerin lotion be used on the face?
- Yes, glycerin lotion can be used on the face as it is gentle and hydrating.
How often should you use glycerin lotion?
- You can use glycerin lotion as needed throughout the day for added moisture and hydration.
What are the benefits of using glycerin lotion?
- The benefits of using glycerin lotion include moisturizing and hydrating the skin, improving skin elasticity, and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Can you make your own glycerin lotion?
- Yes, you can make your own glycerin lotion using a recipe like the one provided in this blog post.
Is glycerin lotion safe for sensitive skin?
- Yes, glycerin lotion is generally safe for sensitive skin as it is a gentle and non-irritating moisturizer. However, it is always best to do a patch test before using any new product on sensitive skin.
Can glycerin lotion be used on babies?
- Yes, glycerin lotion can be used on babies as it is gentle and moisturizing. However, it is always best to consult with a pediatrician before using any new product on a baby.
Can glycerin lotion be used on the body?
- Yes, glycerin lotion can be used on the body as it is moisturizing and hydrating for all skin types. It is particularly great for dry and rough skin on the body.