Get a natural-looking glow with this homemade tinted sunscreen recipe. Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and customize to your skin tone. Protect your skin while enhancing your natural beauty.
Tinted Sunscreen Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Glass jar with lid
- 2 ounces of unscented sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder (for a light tan color) or 1 teaspoon of beet powder (for a deeper tan color)
- ¼ teaspoon of vitamin E oil (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the unscented sunscreen, aloe vera gel, and honey.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the cocoa powder or beet powder, stirring until you reach your desired color.
- Stir in the vitamin E oil (if using).
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar with a lid and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- This recipe can be customized to your desired skin tone by adjusting the amount of cocoa powder or beet powder used.
- This recipe can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
How to Use
- Apply the tinted sunscreen to your face and neck before going outside.
- Reapply every 2 hours or as needed.
- Always wear protective clothing and seek shade when the sun is at its strongest.
What is tinted sunscreen and how does it differ from regular sunscreen?
Tinted sunscreen is a sunscreen that has added color to it, giving the skin a natural-looking glow while also providing sun protection. It is the same as regular sunscreen in that it protects the skin from UV rays.
Is tinted sunscreen safe?
Yes, tinted sunscreen is safe to use as long as it contains safe and effective sunscreen ingredients. Always check the label and make sure it has an SPF of 30 or higher.
Can I use tinted sunscreen in place of my makeup?
Yes, tinted sunscreen can be used in place of makeup if you prefer a more natural look. It will provide sun protection and a light coverage for your skin.
Can I make tinted sunscreen at home?
Yes, tinted sunscreen can be made at home with simple ingredients such as sunscreen, aloe vera gel, honey, cocoa powder, and beet powder.
How long does homemade tinted sunscreen last?
Homemade tinted sunscreen can last for up to 6 months if stored in a cool, dry place.
Can I customize the color of my tinted sunscreen?
Yes, you can customize the color of your tinted sunscreen by adjusting the amount of cocoa powder or beet powder used.
Can I use tinted sunscreen on my body?
Yes, tinted sunscreen can be used on your body as well as your face. However, to use regular sunscreen for areas of your body that will not be visible, such as under clothing. It is important to always use enough sunscreen to cover all exposed skin and reapply as needed throughout the day.