Learn how to make your own DIY aftershave without glycerin. This simple recipe is easy to make and perfect for those looking for a natural alternative to store-bought aftershaves.
DIY Aftershave Without Glycerin
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Glass jar with a lid
- ¼ cup witch hazel
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel
- ¼ cup vodka
- 10 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the witch hazel and aloe vera gel.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it is well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the vodka and essential oil (if using) to the mixture and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar with a lid.
- Let the mixture cool for 30 minutes before using.
- You can use any essential oil of your choice, but some popular options include lavender, tea tree, and peppermint.
- This aftershave will last for up to 6 months when stored in a cool, dark place.
How to Use
- After shaving, splash your face with cold water.
- Apply a small amount of the aftershave to your face and massage it in.
- Allow the aftershave to dry before applying moisturizer or makeup.
What are the benefits of using glycerin aftershave?
- Glycerin is a humectant, which means that it attracts moisture to the skin. This can help to keep the skin hydrated and soft.
Are there any natural alternatives to glycerin aftershave?
- Yes, there are many natural alternatives to glycerin aftershave, such as witch hazel, aloe vera gel, and essential oils.
How do I make my own aftershave without glycerin?
- You can make your own aftershave without glycerin by mixing witch hazel, aloe vera gel, and vodka (or another alcohol) together. You can also add essential oils for fragrance.
Is it safe to using a glycerin aftershave if it causes irritation?
- If you experience irritation or dryness when using a glycerin aftershave, it is best to stop using it and try a different product or a natural alternative. It is always important to pay attention to your skin’s reaction to different products and adjust accordingly.
Can a glycerin aftershave be used on sensitive skin?
- Some people with sensitive skin may be able to use a glycerin aftershave without any issues, while others may experience irritation or dryness. It is always best to patch test a product before using it all over your face.
Are there any long-term effects of using a glycerin aftershave?
- Regular use of a glycerin aftershave is not known to have any long-term effects on the skin. However, if you experience irritation or dryness, it is best to stop using it and try a different product.
Can a glycerin aftershave be used in place of a moisturizer?
- While glycerin can help to hydrate the skin, it is not a substitute for a moisturizer. It is best to use a glycerin aftershave in combination with a moisturizer to ensure that your skin is well-hydrated.