Learn how to make your own shower gel with glycerin. This recipe is easy to follow, and you can customize it to your liking. Perfect for those looking for a natural alternative to store-bought shower gels.
DIY Shower Gel With Glycerin
- Double boiler
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or spatula
- Container for storage
- ½ cup glycerin
- ½ cup liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the glycerin and liquid castile soap. Stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and add in essential oils if desired. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about an hour.
- Once cooled, transfer the shower gel to a container for storage.
- Glycerin can be found at most craft or beauty supply stores, or online.
- You can use any essential oil of your choice, but some popular options include lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
- You can also add in other ingredients such as aloe vera gel or vitamin E oil for added benefits.
How to Use
- Wet your body and apply the shower gel onto a loofah or washcloth.
- Gently massage the shower gel onto your skin, focusing on areas that need extra moisture.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
- Use as needed.
What is glycerin shower gel?
- Glycerin shower gel is a personal care product that is made with the ingredient glycerin, which is a humectant that attracts and retains moisture.
What are the benefits of using glycerin shower gel?
The benefits of using glycerin shower gel include:
- Moisturizing the skin
- Helps to soothe dry and irritated skin
- Can improve the overall appearance of the skin
- Can be customized with essential oils for added benefits
What are the ingredients in glycerin shower gel?
- The main ingredients in glycerin shower gel are glycerin, liquid castile soap and coconut oil. Additional ingredients such as essential oils can be added for added benefits.
Can you use glycerin shower gel on your face?
- Glycerin shower gel can be used on the face, but it is recommended to use a gentler formula specifically formulated for the face. It is always best to patch test the product first on a small area of the face to ensure there are no adverse reactions.
How often can you use glycerin shower gel?
- Glycerin shower gel can be used as often as needed, but it is recommended to use it once or twice a day.
How long does glycerin shower gel last?
- The shelf life of glycerin shower gel will depend on the ingredients used and how it is stored. Properly stored, it can last for up to 6 months.
Can you add other ingredients to glycerin shower gel?
- Yes, other ingredients such as aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, and other essential oils can be added for added benefits.
Can you use glycerin shower gel for hair?
- Glycerin shower gel can be used for hair, but it is generally better to use a shampoo or conditioner specifically formulated for hair.
Can you use glycerin shower gel if you have sensitive skin?
- It is best to patch test the product on a small area of the skin before using it all over to ensure there are no adverse reactions. If you have sensitive skin, you should use a gentler formula and avoid using essential oils.