Learn how to make your own homemade lotion with glycerin and beeswax. This easy recipe is perfect for dry or sensitive skin and can be customized to your liking. Say goodbye to store-bought lotions and hello to all-natural skincare.
Homemade Lotion With Glycerin and Beeswax
- Glass measuring cups
- Glass mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Hand mixer
- Glass container for storage
- ¼ cup glycerin
- ¼ cup beeswax
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the glycerin and beeswax. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut oil and almond oil. Stir until well combined.
- If using, add in the essential oils and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a glass mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the mixture for about 2-3 minutes, until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Pour the lotion into a glass container and let it cool completely before using.
- You can use different types of oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, or avocado oil.
- You can also add any essential oils of your choice for fragrance or added benefits.
- The lotion will last for about 6 months.
How to Use
- Apply a small amount of lotion to your hands and massage it into your skin.
- Use it on your face and body as needed.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
What are the benefits of using lotion with glycerin and beeswax?
- Glycerin is a humectant that helps to keep the skin moisturized, while beeswax acts as an emollient, helping to create a protective barrier on the skin. Together, they can help to soothe dry or irritated skin.
How long does lotion with glycerin and beeswax last?
- Homemade lotion with glycerin and beeswax can last for about 6 months if stored properly in a cool, dry place.
Can I use lotion with glycerin and beeswax on my face?
- Yes, lotion with glycerin and beeswax can be used on the face as well as the body.
What essential oils can I add to lotion with glycerin and beeswax?
- Any essential oil of your choice can be added to lotion with glycerin and beeswax, but some popular choices include lavender, peppermint, and tea tree.