Get glowing skin with this easy DIY lactic acid cleanser recipe. Made with natural ingredients, this cleanser gently exfoliates and brightens the skin. Perfect for all skin types!
DIY Lactic Acid Cleanser
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Clean and empty container for storage
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt (plain, whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of lactic acid (can be found in powder form or as a solution)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Slowly add in 1/2 teaspoon of lactic acid and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean and empty container for storage.
- To use, apply a small amount to a damp face and gently massage in circular motions. Leave on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Make sure to use plain, whole milk yogurt for best results.
- Lactic acid can be found in powder form or as a solution. Make sure to use a safe and pure source of lactic acid.
- If you have sensitive skin, use less lactic acid or test a small amount on a patch of skin before using on your face.
How to Use
- Cleanse your face with your regular cleanser.
- Apply a small amount of the lactic acid cleanser to a damp face.
- Gently massage in circular motions for 1-2 minutes.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Follow up with your regular skincare routine.
What is lactic acid and how does it benefit the skin?
Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that is derived from milk. It helps to gently exfoliate the skin, brighten the skin tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the best sources of lactic acid for skincare?
Lactic acid can be found in many skincare products such as cleansers, toners, and serums. It can also be found in a powder or solution form which can be added to DIY skincare recipes.
Is lactic acid good for sensitive skin?
Lactic acid is generally considered safe for sensitive skin, but it’s always best to patch test before using it on your face. Start with a lower concentration and use less if your skin is sensitive.
What are the best ways to use lactic acid in skincare?
Lactic acid can be used in a variety of ways in skincare. It can be found in cleansers, toners, and serums, or it can be added to a DIY skincare recipe. The most effective way to use lactic acid is to use it consistently in your skincare routine.
Can lactic acid be used daily in skincare?
Yes, lactic acid can be used daily in skincare for best results, but it’s important to start with a lower concentration and use less if you have sensitive skin.
How long should lactic acid be left on the skin?
Lactic acid should be left on the skin for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Can lactic acid be used in conjunction with other acids in skincare?
Yes, lactic acid can be used in conjunction with other acids in skincare such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid. However, it’s important to patch test and use them at different times of the day to avoid irritation.
Can lactic acid be used during pregnancy?
It’s best to consult with a doctor before using any skincare products during pregnancy, including lactic acid.
Can lactic acid be used on the body?
Yes, lactic acid can be used on the body as well, but it’s important to start with a lower concentration and use less if you have sensitive skin. Use it on areas that need exfoliation and brightening such as the elbows, knees and feet.
Can lactic acid lighten dark spots?
Lactic acid can help to brighten the overall skin tone and reduce the appearance of dark spots over time when used consistently in a skincare routine. However, it is not specifically formulated for this purpose.